WarningNational Park Services and State Parks do not allow any crews for this race.
100K Turn by Turn Directions
From Malibu Creek State Park Miles 0-7
Follow the paved road through the campground to Spur trail. This will connect to a paved road (Dorothy Dr.) and turn right on Dorothy Dr(in tapia Park). Follow Dorothy Dr. to a parking lot, and look for a trailhead to the right of the parking lot. Take that trail. The trail will cross a creek and head up on the other side. When you get to a small, cinder block outhouse, turn right on the trail heading up (the trail will be just before and next to the outhouse). Continue heading up. When the trail intersects with the Corral Cyn/Mesa Peak Motorway stay to the left and continue heading up. At the next intersection with another fire road, stay to the right. At the next intersection with a single track trail, take the trail to the right (this is the Backbone Trail). Follow the BBT to the Corral Canyon parking lot.
the intersection with the BBT, turn left onto the BBT heading west.
Continue on the BBT as it crosses Latigo Cyn. Rd. to the parking lot on Kanan Rd.
Continue on the BBT and then turn left onto the Zuma Ridge Motorway
Follow the Zuma Ridge Motorway up and over the mountain, past Buzzard’s Roost, to the intersection with the Zuma-Edison Motorway
Continue on the Zuma Ridge Motorway all the way down to the parking lot at the bottom of the mountain.
Turn left onto the Ridge Canyon Access trail and then turn right onto Bonsall Dr. (dirt) following it to the parking lot. Your drop bags will be available at this aid station. Head out again on Bonsall Dr (dirt). Cut Off is at 11:15am
Turn right onto the Canyon View trail
Turn left onto the Kanan-Edison fire road
Turn left onto the Zuma Canyon Connector trail
Turn left onto the Zuma-Edison Fire road
Turn right on the Zuma Ridge Motorway
Turn right onto the BBT at Kanan Trailhead
Turn right at the aid station and head uphill to stay on the BBT
Cross the road at Latigo, and head through the aid station and stay on the BBT at the north end of the dirt parking lo
Absolutely no 100kers leave this aid station after 3:45pm. This is a strict cut-off. You will be sent back onto the 50 mile course if you don’t make this cut-off. At the top of Corral Canyon road stay left on the road, and head uphill towards the towers. You will now be on the Bulldog fire road. Follow bulldog fire road through the old mash sight and on bulldog fire road until you reach the aid station.
Water only aid station w/drop bags. Turn around here, and head back up to Corral Canyon aid. If you gets here after 5pm you will be pulled.
Corral Canyon aid station. Run through the aid station and stay to your left to connect up with the BBT, and return the exact same way back to Malibu Creek State Park where you started. You must make it back up to here no later than 7:15pm.
- 16 hours
- Bonsall Drive mile 22.7 – 11:15am (you will be dropped to the 50 mile if you arrive after 11:15am)
- Zuma Edison Ridge Motorway #2 Mile 31.3 – 1:30pm (you will be dropped to the 50 mile if you don’t make this cut off)
- Kanan Road #2 Mil 36.3 – 2:45pm (you will be dropped to the 50 mile if you arrive after this)
- Corral Canyon #2 Mile 42.9 – 3:45pm (you will be dropped to the 50 mile if you arrive after this)
- Bulldog fire road Mile 49.5 – 5:00pm. (you will be pulled from the course if you arrive after 5:00pm, and you MUST be out of the aid station by 5:03pm no exceptions)
- Corral Canyon #3 Mile 56 – 7:15pm (No exceptions a minute after and you will be pulled)
- Piuma Creek Crossing mile 60 – 8:30pm (you must make it to the creek crossing by 8:30pm or you will be pulled and shuttled by car back to the finish.)
Course Profile & Aid Stations
- Corral Canyon #1 – Mile 6.5
- Latigo Road #1 Crossing – Mile 11
- Kanan Road #1 Crossing – Mile 13 & DROP BAGS
- Zuma Ridge Fire Road- 50k Turn around- Mile 15.5 water only (please only fill up if you need water)
- Zuma Edison Ridge Motorway #1- Mile 19.2
- Bonsall Drive- Mile 22.7 & hot soup if its cold out. DROP BAGS
- Zuma Edison Ridge Motorway #2- Mile 31.3
- Kanan Road #2- Mile 36.3 DROP BAGS – GET YOUR LIGHT!
- Latigo Road #2 Crossing – Mile 38.3
- Corral Canyon #2- Mile 42.9
- Bulldog Road mile 49.5 water only DROP BAGS -GET YOUR LIGHT!
- Corral Canyon #3 mile 56